Q: What are the best ways to create “curb appeal”?
A: You only get one chance to make a good first impression.
Here is what you should do before listing your home for sale:
- Power wash the exterior of your house
- Pick up any any debris including any natural debris like tree branches and leaves
- Make it interesting with something colourful — like: flowers in the spring, patio furniture in the summer, planters in the fall, lighting in the winter…
- Repair or replace any damaged concrete or patio stones
- Get a “signature rock” for your front yard
- Plant ground cover for any problem areas where grass does not grow
- Paint your front door a colour that pops
- Fix up the exterior: repaint chipped paint, replace the doorbell, take down any privacy signage, security cameras…
- Consider your neighbour’s curb appeal too, and approach this one very carefully.